- 125 Grams almonds
- 288 Grams all purpose flour
- 13 Grams baking powder
- 5 Grams Sea Salt
- 112.5 Grams granulated sugar
- 150 Grams brown sugar
- 172 Grams (3) large eggs (room temperature)
- 115 Grams olive oil
- 9 Grams almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 300° F
- Toast almonds in a pan on the stove until they become aromatic
- At the start of the receipe I premeasure all of my ingredients in separate small bowls wet/dry/additions. Always thoroughly mix the dry ingredients together so that they are distributed evenly throughout (flour, baking powder, salt and sugars).
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, olive oil, extracts, and zest together
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture; stir with wooden spoon until just incorporated.
- Fold in chopped almonds (make sure they have cooled off before incorporating in the batter).
- Divide dough in half placing each half on a large, parchment lined, cookie sheet.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown in colour and firm. Let cool slightly. Reduce heat to 275° F
- Remove from baking sheet and transfer to cutting board.
- Using a serrated knife, slice cookies at an angle about 3/4 inch thick.
- Place slices (standing up) back on the baking sheets, and return them to the oven at 275° F for another 15 – 20 minutes.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.
By Corey Schwartz
Adapted from Test